Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pikachu cake

I'm going to start with my most recent awesomeness... My oldest son just turned 8 and for his birthday, asked if we could make his cake look like Pikachu. (he loves Pokemon and seems to think I can make things if he wants it) To my surprise, after thinking about it for a bit i came up with a plan and told him that tho i was not about to make promises that it would turn out well, i would give it a shot. After my supportive husband (who was baffled that I would even attempt this and had no idea I had a plan.) bought me the supplies and was even to my surprise able to find yellow frosting. I really thought that I was going to have to use food coloring to make white frosting yellow, and didn't complain at all about him finding yellow. i also had him buy the baking cooking spray cuz i have only even tried to get a cake out of the plan once in my life and failed miserably!!!  So i had the supplies now so here goes nothing!!


Supplies: cake mix, baking cooking spray, frosting (yellow and chocolate) red sprinkles.

I wish I would have taken pictures of the process, maybe i will make another and add pictures of the process later, but for now i will simply have to explain.  I baked a basic 9 x 13 pan. after it cooled, dumped it out of the pan onto a large cooking sheet. (man was I nervous about this step!) next time I do it I would definitely put it onto a foil covered piece of cardboard, it didn't really fit on the cookie sheet. I then cut a small wedge off of two of the bottom sides to make the ears, and moved them to the top. I am not good at frosting cakes so perhaps yours can be even better than mine, it had flecks of the chocolate cake all over it and wasn't neat but it turned out awesome.


I just used a knife to make the eyes, nose, mouth, and tips of ears. Then used sprinkles for the cheeks. This cake went over nicely and made for an excited group of children. It was super simple and turned out great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment